Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Tree at Niagara, Sunset


Tree at Niagara, Sunset, by Mary Stebbins Taitt.

This is a smudge painting but almost looks like a finger painting.

This is an experiment. Picasa used to post to my blog and no longer seems to work. Let me know if you can or cannot see this picture. Click image (if you can see it) to view larger.)

I have manually added the painting from the pencil screen. I also manually resized it, so some quality was lost. I hope you can see it now.

Thanks for the feedback, I really appreciate it.

The process of adding pictures is much more complicated and time-consuming now that Picasa doesn't do everything automatically.

7 comments:

a/k/a Nadine said...

Can't see!

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

My Picasa no longer works with the new blogger (ever since they switched to the new blogger.)

This is a terrible disappointment to me, becase it enormously increases the number of steps reqired to post.

jo(e) said...

I can't see a picture either.

lissa said...

Nice painting. Your art is fascinating. I think this ones my favorite so far.

I have no problem seeing this image.

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

Welcome Lissa and thank you jo(e) and Lissa for your feedback and Lissa for your kind words.

I recently posted some of my "Juvenalia" mainly on my self-portrait blog, since they were self-portraits, and I just want to say that essentially, everything I do, even though I am old now, is juvenalia, because I am always experimenting and learning new things and starting over from scratch.

Another thing I do not like about the new blogger is that the email links take you to the whole blog and not to the specific post, unlike the old one which worked better.

Anonymous said...

Nice to see you again on line, Mary. Your paintings are more and more beautiful I think. What is Picasa? (I will look on the Internet :-))

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

Hi Marie, thanks for the comment!

I really appreciate your kindness!

Picasa is a picture handling software that is really easy to use and FREE (so far) and works as a great browser for photoshop and other programs and posts to blogger which is free from Google--it used to work easily but now it does not--there seems to be soem glitch.