Wednesday, January 19, 2011

But we went anyway



"But we ran anyway," page two of an imaginary kids' story. Watercolor. I did the snowflakes and flying snow with both masking fluid and gouache.

Click image to view larger. (The scan isn't great either.)

I am still sick. :-(

Why I should never paint or do art when I am sick (or without sleep, as sickness tends to leave me):
  • I made a lot of stupid mistakes. :-(
  • I kept leaving the water color palette open when I wasn't using it and then setting my hand or arm or the Mole in it. :-(
  • I worked really hard on a sketch for the next piece and then proceeded to totally ruin it beyond redemption so I have to start all over again.
Luckily, this is my own Mole (round 3), hope things improve before the next one.

2 comments:

Laura Tattoo said...

how are you feeling these days? i read here that you have been sick. i do love the new style with the children, mary... tells a story so well! xoxoxoxo

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

I'm better now, thanks.

And thanks for your kind comment. :-D