Thursday, June 19, 2008

Deep in the Forest, self portrait with leaves

Deep in the Forest, self portrait with leaves, by Mary Stebbins Taitt.
In Celebration of digital images, I created this by hand with dots of
ink, some from Andrea's pens. It took a long time. Some pens worked
better than others. Some wouldn't make a dot unless I moved them a
little and then they made a dash. :-( Some pens made tiny dots and
some made big dots. But here is is. Including a detail. (It doesn't
really look that much like me, and makes me look younger than I am.
It's more a self-portrait of my inner self, LOL!)

2 comments:

bluerose said...

I really love how this turned out! I like the design with the leaves. I used to do a lot of pointillism in school. Haven't done it in years.

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

THANKS! :-D

It was a lot of work--a really lot of work, but I like how it turned out. I may do more of them. It's OK, if I do it a little at a time.

I think I liked it better before I added the last round of tan. I overdid it a little, I think. Sigh.