Wednesday, April 02, 2008

The Gatehouse in Green

I am taking my first-ever water media class. This is a student exercise directly from the book Watercolor for the Absolute Beginner, or something like that. I painted it entirely with red, blue and yellow (no green, brown etc.) It is 12 x 16.

I thought this was done when I took a picture of it, but then I painted it some more. You can see the new version here. By the way, all the new additions were made with the same three colors, red, yellow and blue. You can also view the earlier version (smaller) I made in sepia.

3 comments:

Michael Serafin-St. John said...

If I were to publish a new illustrated version of the Wizard of Oz, this would be a great depiction of the house of the Tin Woodsman!

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

Thanks so much, Michael! :-D

I have worked on it a little more and am about to post the link to the new (updated version) in the text of the post. It's not too changed.

bluerose said...

Wow! The shadows in the new version really make it pop out! Both are good!

I'm thinking more along the lines of Robin Hood's time, Micheal. :]