Wednesday, May 11, 2011

A Walk with Caroline


On Monday, Caroline and I had lunch at Blufin--a fabulous, tasty (if pricey) lunch, read each other's poetry, and then walked at Pier Park. We walked and talked and looked at dead things on the beach, mussel shells, perch that a gull was eating, crayfish (we only found the claws, bluegills and pumpkinseeds, and a plethora of think dried out crumbling fish. I told her how I loved the dead carp with their wide scales and bony skulls. I was afraid she might think I was a nutcase, but she seemed to accept that--and then we found a carp. I came home and painted it for her.

3 comments:

Mick said...

I like this very much, Mary.

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

Thanks so much, Mick, I really appreciate that!!!

bluerose said...

Love the bold impressionistic strokes!

I like to take photos of the dead things I find on the beach. Your painting's a lot prettier than my photos ;]