Monday, September 22, 2008

BB listens to PB practicing (a sketch in water-color crayons)

BB listens to PB practicing (a sketch in water-color crayons), by Mary
Stebbins Taitt.

I did this last night really quickly, sketched it with the w-c crayons
and then brushed over it with water.

Then today I spent about ten times longer than it took to create it
trying to scan and merge it because it is way too big for the scanner.
It's missing some hunks, and the color isn't quite right. But here
it is anyway.

NOTE: I am leaving tomorrow morning to go to the Dodge Poetry
Festival in New jersey--will be gone more than a week and camping and
prolly incommincado, so prolly won't be posting at all until I return.

4 comments:

hpy said...

Enjoy your week off!

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

Thanks! Hope to!!

bluerose said...

Dramatic choice of colors! Makes you wonder what he's thinking. ;]

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

He's a good listener to music, when I decides to listen--very attentive.

The colors I chose were partly a sort of default--I didn't have many colors. In those crayons, that is. I was trying to challenge myself to make something with fewer colors. They are sort of dramatic, I guess. :-D